According to the 3rd quarter OLED Market Track published by UBI Research, China’s OLED shipments for smartphones (including foldable phones) are expected to surpass Korea in 2025.
At the ‘IMID 2023’ held in BEXCO, Busan on the 23rd, Kim Byeong-gu, head of LG Display’s Auto Business Group, gave a keynote speech on the theme of ‘Discovering the Best Automotive Display Solution for Tomorrow’.
At ‘IMID 2023’ held in BEXCO, Busan on August 22, Samsung Display and LG Display exhibited a number of OLED products.
Extended reality (XR) devices, which overlay an extended reality on top of the real world, are emerging as disruptive devices that will drive a second wave of digital convergence, renewing the digital convergence brought about by smartphones. MR (mixed reality) devices will converge TVs, monitors, and laptops, while AR (augmented reality) devices will integrate smartphones, smartwatches, and tablet PCs.
In order to shed light on the footsteps of the XR device industry, which is gradually increasing in scale with the goal of replacing wearable devices and IT devices, and to forecast the future market, XR device models and specifications released from 2018 to the first half of 2023 were analyzed. During this period, there were 327 models of XR devices and 127 companies that were investigated.
In a conference call on LG Display’s Q2 2023 earnings announcement held on the 26th, LG Display CFO Seong-Hyeon Kim announced, “As a significant portion of panel inventory adjustments have been made, a turnaround is expected in the fourth quarter of this year.”
Samsung Display and LG Display are investing in the 8.6th generation IT line with high added value to compensate for the decrease in sales due to the Chinese panel makers’ flexible OLED low-cost offensive and LCD withdrawal.
At the ‘2023 OLED & Micro Display Analyst Seminar’ held at the Federation of Korean Industries in Yeouido on the 5th, Choong Hoon YI, CEO of UBI Research, gave a presentation on ‘IT OLED industry trends and market prospects’.
According to the ‘2023 OLED Components and Materials Report’ recently published by UBI Research, a company specializing in OLED market research, In 2023, foldable OLED shipments are expected to record 22 million units, and expand to 61 million units in 2027 at an average annual growth rate of 29%.
At SID 2023 held in Los Angeles, USA, Charles Peng, chairman of Tianma, delivered a keynote speech under the theme of ‘New Trends and Strategies for the Display Industry’.
It was found that Tianma, a Chinese OLED panel supplier, supplied the second most OLED panels for smartphones after BOE in the first quarter of 2023. In the meantime, among Chinese companies, Visionox has always been in second place after BOE in OLED shipments for smartphones, but it gave way to Tianma for the first time in this first quarter.
According to the ‘2023 OLED Emitting Material Report’ recently published by UBI Research, the total emitting material market is expected to reach US$ 2.59 billion in 2027 with an average annual growth rate of 7.7% from US$ 1.92 billion in 2023.
Samsung Display will supply state-of-the-art OLEDs to the supercar Ferrari. Samsung Display announced that it signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Ferrari at the Asan Campus on the 11th to develop display solutions to be installed in Ferrari’s next-generation car models.
JOLED filed for civil rehabilitation with the Tokyo District Court due to financing problems. As JOLED withdraws from the OLED business, it will close two factories in Japan and lay off about 280 employees. JOLED’s total debt is $257 million.
According to the ‘2023 Medium and Large OLED Annual Report’ recently published by UBI Research, OLED panel shipments for TVs are expected to grow from 9.1 million units in 2023 to 14.1 million units in 2027 with an average annual growth rate of 11.6%.
OLED KOREA, hosted by UBI Research, a market research company, will be held at the Central Park Hotel in Songdo, Incheon from April 12 to 14. OLED KOREA, which marks its 7th anniversary, is a business conference where top authorities in display from Korea, Japan, Asia, the United States, and Europe gather.
According to the ‘2023 Small OLED Display Annual Report’ recently published by UBI Research, Samsung Display’s OLED shipments for foldable phones are expected to reach 50.9 million units in 2027 with an average annual growth rate of 28.1% from 18.9 million units in 2023.
UBI Research, a research company specializing in displays, will hold the 7th 2023 OLED KOREA from April 12th to 14th, 2023 at the Songdo Central Park Hotel in Incheon, Korea.
Megatrend Analysis of the XR industry N
- 01. Key Summary
- 02. Analyze Hot Issues
- 03. The Value of the XR Industry
- 04. What is XR and Its Industry Components
- 05. XR Devices Launching in the First Half of 2023
- 06. Analyzing Hardware Trends for XR
- 07. Analyzing XR Device Trends Over the Last 5 Years (2018-2022)
- 08. Optis Trend Analysis (2018-2022)
- 09. Analyzing Display Trends (2018 – 2022)
- 10. Analysis of Optics and Display Combinations for XR Devices (2018-2022)
- 11. Analysis of the Numbers of XR Device Companies and Models by Country (1989-1H2023)
- 12. XR Hardware National Competitiveness Analysis (2018-2022)
- 13. Analyzing Software Trends for XR
- 14. Analyzing Software Trends for XR over the Last 3 Years
- 15. National Competitiveness Analysis of the Software for XR Industry (2018-2022)
- 16. Top9 XR Device Manufacturers
- 17. Challenges and Risks in the XR Industry
- 18.XR Device Manufacturer Trends
- 19.XR Software Company Trends
2023 OLED Components and Materials Report N
- 01. Key Summary
- 02. Foldable OLED Business and Exhibition Trends by Company
- 03. Analysis of Major OLED Development Status
- 04. Analysis and Forecast of OLED Panel Makers’ Mass Production Capacity
- 05. OLED Shipment Forecast
- 06. Major Components and Materials Market Forecast
- 07. Appendix
2023 OLED Emitting Material Report
- 01. Key Summary
- 02. Development Trends of Blue Emitting Materials
- 03. Emitting Material Performance Trend
- 04. OLED Industry Issue Analysis
- 05. OLED Panel Makers Mass Production Capacity Analysis and Forecast
- 06. OLED Shipment Forecast
- 07. Analysis of Supply Chain and Panel Structure by Panel Maker
- 08. OLED Emitting Material Sales Analysis
- 09. Analysis of OLED Emitting Material Market Share in 2022
- 10. OLED Emitting Material Demand Forecast
- 11. OLED Emitting Materials Market Forecast
2023 Medium and Large OLED Display Annual Report
- 01. Key Summary
- 02. Trends in OLED Products
- 03. Analysis of OLED Panel Development Trend by Application
- 04. OLED Line Status Analysis by Company
- 05. OLED Mass Production Capacity Analysis and Forecast
- 06. Annual OLED Market Performance Analysis
- 07. Quarterly OLED Market Performance Analysis
- 08. Supply and Demand Analysis of OLED TV
- 09. OLED Market Forecast
- 10. Appendix
Weekly Display Industry Analysis Report
2023. 09. 25.
Panel Production Status
and Shipment Forecast
for iPhone 15 Series